Monday, May 1, 2017

Nauvoo Field Trip Reflection

My favorite part of the field trip was playing all the games they used to have, because there were a lot of games and they were really fun.
Something new I learned was how they made bricks, They had to make the mixture out of clay, sand, and a little bit of water. Than they put the mixture onto a mold and when they took it out they would have to let it dry for a very long time and they would have to turn it over every day for a long time. Then they put the bricks in a huge clamp and make a fire underneath it to try to get the rest of the water out.
Some thing I learned about why the mormons moved west was because they were being persecuted. The people around them thought they were different and didn't like the way the worshiped.
Something I would want to learn more about and research would be what the black smith did and what tools they used, because I thought the black smith in Nauvoo was very interesting and the things they made were cool. I had a lot of fun on the trip to Nauvoo.    


No comments:

Post a Comment